ACCEPTABLE USE POLICY
Effective March 19, 2021
This Acceptable Use Policy document, including the following list of Prohibited Activities, is an integral part of your Wireless Internet Service Agreement with SOM1101 LLC d/b/a WildStar Networks (“WildStar”). If you engage in any of the activities prohibited by this AUP document, WildStar reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to suspend or terminate your service.
WildStar’s Acceptable Use Policy (the “Policy”) for WildStar Services is designed to help protect WildStar, WildStar’s customers and the Internet community in general from irresponsible or, in some cases, illegal activities. This Policy is a non-exclusive list of the actions prohibited by WildStar. WildStar reserves the right to modify the Policy at any time, effective upon posting at our website.
- Transmission, distribution, reception or storage of any material in violation of any applicable law or regulation is prohibited. This includes, without limitation, material protected by copyright, trademark, trade secret or other intellectual property rights used without proper authorization, and material that is obscene, defamatory, constitutes an illegal threat, or violates export control laws.
- Sending Unsolicited Bulk Email (“UBE”, “spam”). The sending of any form of Unsolicited Bulk Email through WildStar’s servers or services is prohibited. Likewise, the sending of UBE from another service provider advertising a website, email address or utilizing any resource maintained or hosted by WildStar’s systems or servers, is prohibited. WildStar accounts or services may not be used to solicit customers from, or collect replies to, messages sent from another Internet Service Provider where those messages violate this Policy or that of the other provider.
- Running Unconfirmed Mailing Lists. Subscribing email addresses to any mailing list without the express and verifiable permission of the email address owner is prohibited. All mailing lists run by WildStar customers bust be Closed-loop (“Confirmed Opt-In”). The subscription confirmation messages received from each address owner must be kept on file for the duration of the existence of the mailing list. Purchasing lists of email addresses from 3rd parties for mailing to or from any WildStar-hosted domain, or referencing any WildStar account, is prohibited.
- Advertising, transmitting, or otherwise making available any software, program, product, or service that is designed to violate this AUP or the AUP of any other Internet Service Provider, which includes, but is not limited to, the facilitation of the means to send Unsolicited Bulk Email, initiation of pinging, flooding, mail-bombing, and denial of service attacks.
- Operating an account on behalf of, or in connection with, or reselling any service to, persons or firms listed in the Spamhaus Register of Known Spam Operations (ROKSO) database at www.spamhaus.org/rokso.
- Unauthorized attempts by a user to gain access to any account or computer resource not belonging to that user (“cracking”, “hacking”).
- Obtaining or attempting to obtain service by any means or device with intent to avoid payment.
- Unauthorized access, alteration, destruction, or any attempt thereof, of any information of WildStar customers or end-users by any means or device.
- Knowingly engaging in any activities designed to harass, or that will cause denial-of-service (e.g., synchronized number sequence attacks) to any other user whether on the WildStar network or on another provider’s network.
- Using WildStar’s Services to interfere with the use of the WildStar network by other customers or authorized users.
- Using WildStar’s Services to provide a private game server for any game which prohibits such actions in its Terms of Service or Acceptable Use Policy (for example, unauthorized MMORPG servers).
- Using a residential service plan to host any type of server or other device that actively delivers any type of commercial content to other Internet users (other than authorized private game servers).
- Posting, transmitting, or uploading the information of, nude or obscene photographs of (including but not limited to “Revenge Porn”), or personal data of any person without the written consent of that person is strictly prohibited under this Acceptable Use Policy. Doing so will result in immediate termination of Services. WildStar may, at its sole discretion, refuse to re-establish service in any way for any customer that violates this section.
Customer Responsibility for Customer’s Users
Each WildStar customer is responsible for the activities of its end users and, by accepting service from WildStar, is agreeing to ensure that that the customer, and anyone who uses the services provided to the customer abide by this policy. We take complaints about abuse by customers or end users seriously, and if we determine that a customer or end user has violated this Policy, we reserve the right to terminate services with or take action to stop the offending customer from violating this AUP as we deems appropriate, without notice.
- Item 1
- Item 2
- Item 3
- Item 4